Ever wondered about how stretches could help you feel more energetic and possibly better your mood? Your Chiropractor in Centurion expert can help you to achieve a healthier back so you can enjoy your life a bit more. A regular stretch routine at the start and end of your day will improve flexibility and generate more energy for your day.
What’s happening to my back?
Your bodily functions and mobility rely on your back and spine for support so while your back supports movement, there are constant changes happening. While you’re asleep, pools of fluid will begin to build up or pool together because your body is moving less. When you stretch in the morning before starting your day, it helps to redistribute the fluid and allow for better flexibility. At night, on the other hand, stretching can aid a more restful sleep which makes you feel more energized the next day.
Morning stretches – Chiropractor in Centurion
Here are two amazing morning stretches to help you get the most out of your day and more comfort for your back.
Chiropractic low back and glute stretch
This stretch is best done in bed. Strange as that may sound, it’s more effective before doing too many other movements. Here’s what you need to do in the chiropractic low back and glute stretch:
- Pull your knees up towards your chest, while still lying down and for 30 seconds, hold them in place.
- Next move your knees from your chest to a bent position (remain lying on your back while doing this).
- After the bent knee position, cross the same leg over the opposite leg and then use both hands to help pull your knee towards your chest for 30 seconds.
- Switch legs and do the same.
Neck and upper spine stretch
This one needs to have movement and blood flow from the previous stretch for it to work best:
- In a sitting position, cross your legs and move your chin downward towards your chest.
- Next, role your right ear towards your right shoulder
- After that role your head back so your left ear faces your left shoulder
Nighttime stretches are perfect to help you relax and get a better night’s sleep. It’s simple to do and very beneficial to help ease stress.
Fast asleep stretches
- Place a pillow in front of you on the floor and sit behind it
- Breathe in deeply through your nose and bend your left knee allowing your sole of your foot to touch the inner thigh of your right leg.
- Take another breath in and stretch so your right leg can extend behind you as comfortably as it can go.
- With a gentle breath in, bend from your hips forward and place your head on the pillow.
- Extend both arms forward and breathe in for 8 to 10 breaths
- Switch legs and repeat
Let your chiropractor in Centurion help you with your back issues – BOOK your appointment today!
Other related posts that might interest you
- 6 GREAT Tips on How to Be Seated In front of a Computer Chiropractor in Pretoria
- Tips on How to Get Back into your Car Safely After Surgery
- How to Correct Your Sitting and Standing Posture
- How to Prevent Text Neck – Chiropractor in Pretoria
- Why is a Chiropractor Pretoria so Important?
- Chiropractor Centurion – Holiday Tips
- 5 Tips to Maintain a Healthy Back – Chiropractor in Pretoria
- Chiropractors in Pretoria and Biomechanics Part 2: Bones
Leave us your comment