When it comes to mobile phones and devices, you either love them or hate them, but we all have to make use of them for everyday and work purposes. However, mobile devices are a direct cause of text neck. This results in severe strain on the upper neck and shoulder region of the back. With your chiropractor in Pretoria, you can get excellent assistance with helping to relieve neck and back pain as well as ways in which you can improve this problem for the future.
What is text neck? Speak to your Chiropractor in Pretoria TODAY
Text neck is caused by severe strain of the cervical section of the neck; the muscles in this region could become gradually or suddenly painful. Text neck is common as it is caused by looking down at your mobile device and texting for a long period of time. This can also be caused by reading and angling your book or document incorrectly causing you to look down towards the page.
Common symptoms experienced with text neck include chronic upper back pain, mild or sharp back pain in the neck and shoulder muscle spasms or even headaches.
Avoid text neck – Chiropractor in Pretoria
You can avoid text neck by doing these easy exercises and reduce your chances of suffering from it:
- Take a break from your device – If you have to use your mobile device for extended periods of time then make sure that you take breaks in-between. This will give your neck, back, shoulders and arms time to relax and allow blood to circulate better.
- Keep a good distance – Hold your cell phone or another mobile device at eye level as much as you can, in this way you’ll decrease the chances of causing strain and aches in your upper back and neck.
- Strengthen your core – It may not seem that way, but our core muscles play an important role when it comes to the wellbeing of several of our bodily functions. It supports our spine, abdomen and several muscles in our torso as well as our upper back and neck.
- Stretch – Stretching is a good way of loosening up your muscles, this is why athletes do so. It also helps to reduce the chances of injury when performing regular activities as stretches make the muscles suppler. This can include neck stretches and a visit to your chiropractor Centurion to help with manual back adjustments.
If you’re suffering from text neck or other back issues, get in touch with a good Chiropractor in Pretoria to help you reduce and eliminate your back problems. Good back health goes hand-in-hand with overall good health benefits. Call us TODAY on +27 83 288 0679
Here are a few other articles from Chiropractor in Pretoria that might interest you
- Chiropractors in Pretoria and Biomechanics Part 2: Bones
- Chiropractor Centurion – Holiday Tips
- Understanding Pathologic Headaches
- Understanding Cervicogenic Headaches
- Understanding Cluster Headaches
- Understanding Tension Headaches
- Understanding Migraines
Leave us your comment