often occur with age but sometimes, poor posture
and lifestyle influences cause it to develop even at a younger age.
The misalignment of the spine
can lead to joint and other muscular injuries. A professional chiropractor
will examine the patient and customize a treatment program.
Your trusted chiropractor Pretoria will speak to you about joint restrictions
Joint restrictions make doing daily tasks painful and strenuous.
Factors that contribute to joint restrictions include the following:
- Joint dislocations such as inside the top of the arm
- Fracture (old and new) can result in limited range as the body is growing older
- Swollen joints
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Muscular dystrophy
- Natural wearing of the muscles and joints as the body ages
This is just some of the influences that can increase the risk of developing joint restrictions. Taking care of your spine sooner than later will ensure healthier muscles and joints. A recommended chiro Pretoria
would advise that it’s better to treat injuries from the source as is seen in chiropractic rather than temporarily “blocking” the symptoms. The core of chiropractic is to help the patient towards healing in the most natural way.
To prevent misaligned spine
When the spine becomes misaligned, it can result in tension build-up, stiff muscles and inflammation resulting in pain. Having a healthy diet and being persistent in improving your lifestyle will go a long way to better mobility and posture.
Tips on preventing joint restrictions
- Do regular exercise as well as stretching (don’t overexert yourself)
- Get sufficient rest
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Learn to cope better with stress so that it doesn’t have a negative effect on your body
- Practice better posture when standing, sitting down, and walking
When the body is healthy, it causes less chance of pain and inflammation. Chiropractic treatment
can help you to release tension build-up (which if not treated results in spasms and stiff muscles).
Joint restrictions can cause difficulty when dealing with daily tasks and limits mobility as a whole. The sooner you treat it, the sooner you can get back to enjoying life without aches and pains.
Other articles that might interest you!
- Importance of Your Back and Muscle Functions from your chiropractor Dr. Vicki Ferreira
- Is Chiropractic Treatment Safe After Surgery
- Hip Flexor Strain: How a Professional Chiropractor can help YOU!
- 6 Ways To Minimize Aches And Strains: Tips from Dr. Vicky Ferreira
- Chiropractic For Preventative Care: How your Chiropractor can help YOU
- Did you Know that Chiropractic Treatment can Benefit Children