Did you know that chiropractic treatment can benefit children just as it does adults? Of course, the treatment process and techniques are not the same for children as they are compared to adults and even babies for that matter. Your chiropractor in Lyttelton can assist your child’s health through chiropractic treatment.
How is my chiropractor able to help my child’s health through treatment?
Spinal joint restrictions
This is something many people suffer from, right from birth, babie’s spines are misaligned. Adults and children suffer from the very same problem. Many things cause these joint restrictions and because your spine becomes misaligned, communication between your nervous system and the rest of your body is no longer “clear” and your body reacts in a stressed manner.
Some of the causes of spinal joint restrictions in children
While subluxations in children may not commonly manifest as a backache and pain the way it sometimes does in adults, other factors may be prevalent. Some of the causes of the paediatric spinal joint restrictions include:
- Trauma (even as early as birth) or a few falls growing up
- Incorrect sleeping positions
Symptoms in paediatric joint restictions will differ one from the other, but here are some of the symptoms of a misaligned spine in children:
- Restricted or stiffness of the neck
- Uneven shoulder height
- Their head may be tilted to one side
- Pain along the spine
When a child suffers from a misaligned spine, it can lead to many irregularities such as“growing pains” and restlessness to name a few.
Your recommended chiropractor in Lyttelton can assist with specified treatment
A trusted chiropractor who also specialise in paediatric chiropractic can assist by first examining your child and finding out some health history. The treatment process depends on the severity of misalignment as well as the health concern.
Some benefits of treatment:
- Improves sleeping
- Improves behavior problems due to being uncomfortable from muscle spasms
- Reachinf their milestones on time
*Did you know that some of the health issues adults face can be traced to long-term spinal joint restrictions from childhood?
Need to improve your child’s overall health? Get the expert help you need from your chiro in Centurion.
Other articles that might interest you!
- 5 Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Athletes
- Chiropractic Treatment for Colic In Babies
- 5 Tips To Safeguard Your Back This Festive Season: From your chiro in Centurion
- Dry Needling to Treat Migraines and Headaches: A skilled chiropractor Can Help
- Benefits of Taking Your Baby to a Chiropractor Centurion
Leave us your comment