With the festive season looming we all know how it gets. Your days look like a crazy scramble to pack for the holidays, tying up the last bits of tasks at work, and not forgetting the family and travel arrangements. It’s easy to develop a back injury at this time of the year. If you already suffer from chronic back pain then it’s important to visit your chiro.
Avoid injuries even with chronic back pain
Many people suffer from chronic back pain and the struggle is constantly making certain that it doesn’t get any worse. While regular back pain may last a few days or a week, chronic back pain can carry on for several weeks. A qualified chiropractor in Centurion Pretoria is able to help you with custom treatment.
Festive tips from your chiro in Centurion
- Avoid prolonged standing and walking: During the festive season, there are long queues and lots of walking which puts more pressure on your back. Sciatica patients may not be able to get through an hour of store browsing without feeling the gruesome effects. Instead of doing the shopping yourself, why not opt for easy gift cards or online shopping.
- Provide seating during cooking: It takes hours to prepare the perfect multiple-course festive meal and that requires standing for a long time. Instead, why not ask some of the family to assist you on this one. Also, have a chair ready so you can sit while preparing the meal.
- Involve the family with decorations: It doesn’t have to be your sole responsibility to make sure the decorations are in place. Instead, you can stir up the fun by involving the family making it a group effort. In this way, you can give yourself a break in between.
- Maintain your healthy lifestyle: It’s easy to let go of healthy habits this time of the year. However, you should stay strong and continue to eat healthily and get exercise. This will benefit the health of your back and overall well-being.
- Invest in your health for the long run: As mentioned in the previous point, you should maintain your healthy lifestyle. With this in mind, you can also take stock of your current situation. Perhaps it’s time to invest in a quality mattress that will support your spine as well as chairs with lumbar support.
Are you looking forward to a stronger, healthier back this festive season?
Popular articles you might have missed
- Dry Needling to Treat Migraines and Headaches: A skilled chiropractor Can Help
- Benefits of Taking Your Baby to a Chiropractor Centurion
- Chiropractic Treatment can Help Break your Reliance on Pain Medication
- Hamstring strain and advice on how to treat it Chiro in Centurion Treatment
- Chiropractor in Centurion Treats Lower Back Pain in Pregnant Women
- 7 Tips For A Better Posture Daily From Your Chiropractor
- Can A Recommended Chiropractor help Me With My Headaches?
Leave us your comment