When it comes to newborn and young babies, colic is something that isn’t very uncommon. Hearing your baby cry in agony and not knowing what to do about it can break a parent’s heart. However, there is a safe way to help alleviate the pain with chiropractic treatment. Before we get into the treatment let’s first discuss colic in a bit more detail. A skilled chiropractor in Pretoria will be more than happy to give you and your little one the peace of mind knowing that it’s manageable.
What is colic In Babies? Your chiropractor Pretoria advises
Colic is the name given to describe the uncontrolled bouts of crying that young babies experience. This can happen during the day or night and can carry on for hours and even days for some. There are a few possible reasons why babies become colicky, and getting help to alleviate the problem will benefit the baby and parents.
- Colic can be caused due to an upset stomach
- Sometimes it happens due to pressure build-up inside their intestines causing discomfort
- Acid reflux causing discomfort
- Sometimes the baby has an allergic reaction to substances in breast milk or formula
Those are just some of the possibilities, however, the reasons for colic is not limited to those 4 mentioned.
Some signs to look out for when a baby possibly has colic include but are not limited to the following:
- Clenched fists while crying
- Crying pitch may be higher than usual
- The baby may sometimes pull their legs up to their tummy
- The baby’s stomach may feel hard
- Baby may arch their back while crying
- Flushed face while crying
Can a skilled chiropractor Pretoria cure colic in my baby?
There isn’t a cure for colic, but there are ways in which to manage it better.
- Always burp your baby after feeding
- Hold your baby as much as possible (skin on skin is very nurturing)
- Mother’s must be mindful of their own diet (in case there are allergies or reactions when nursing the baby)
- Gently rub baby’s tummy in a clockwise motion
- Lay baby on her back and gently move the legs toward chest as if in peddling motion
Moms and dads must be patient and stay positive as a constant crying baby can cause a parent to feel depressed. Chiropractic treatment can help the baby to pass some of the gas build-up in their intestines. Taking your baby to a trusted chiropractor Pretoria sooner will help to reduce the discomfort earlier than later.
Is your baby colicky? Book an appointment with your chiro in Pretoria TODAY
Popular articles you might have missed
- 5 Tips To Safeguard Your Back This Festive Season: From your chiro in Centurion
- Dry Needling to Treat Migraines and Headaches: A skilled chiropractor Can Help
- Benefits of Taking Your Baby to a Chiropractor Centurion
- Chiropractic Treatment can Help Break your Reliance on Pain Medication
- Hamstring strain and advice on how to treat it Chiro in Centurion Treatment
Leave us your comment